Author: Muriel Nicoli Godon, Spain
I’m Spanish but my father and all his family are from Italy. My mum used to cook a lot of Italian meals at home and it’s a cuisine that I really enjoy, so that’s why I made a risotto. I made it with red chicory because it’s a winter vegetable and it has a mild but great taste.
Ingredients for 2-3 people:
- 200gr of red chicory
- 200 gr of arborio rice
- 1/2 of an onion
- 1 litre vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 a glass of red wine
- parmesan cheese.
- Chop the onion and fry gently with the butter in a pot, for about 5-10 min. Meanwhile chop the chicory.
- Put in the chicory and cook until it turns soft.
- Add the rice and stir really well.
- When the rice is transparent you can add the wine and let it evaporate.
- Then add a cup of the vegetable broth and stir it well. When there is almost no water left add another cup and keep stirring. Continue to add a little bit of water at every time until the rice is cooked.
- Turn off the flame and add some grated parmesan cheese.
- Leave it with the lid on for 10 minutes.