Approx. 500 gr spinach (fresh or frozen; I used frozen spinach this time)
1 pack of lasagna sheets (10 sheets)
1 small onion
250 gr ricotta cheese
1 tbs of cream cheese
1 tbs of tomato paste
For the Béchamel sauce: 600-700 ml milk, 70 gr flour, 70 gr butter
1 tbs of oil (preferably olive oil)
1. Slice the onion into small pieces.
2. Heat the frying pan on medium high heat, add the oil and the onion slices. Cook the onion until it looks a bit transparent.
3. Add the spinach, mix it with the onion and add a little bit of hot water. Cook it for about 20-25 minutes.
4. In the meantime, prepare the Bechamel sauce: Heat the butter in a small pot. Once the butter is liquid, add the flour and mix it together. Add the milk little by little and keep on stirring, until the flour has softened and no longer tastes gritty (10 to 20 minutes). At the end add salt and pepper.
5. Turn on the oven at 180-200 degrees.
6. Coat the tray you will use for the lasagna with butter, then add a bit of béchamel sauce as base.
7. Now it’s time to build the layers! Add the lasagna sheets to cover the whole surface of the trays, then add a layer of Bechamel sauce, then cover it with the spinach filling. Follow the same pattern – lasagna sheets, Bechamel, spinach – 2-3 times.
8. You should finish with a layer of Bechamel sauce. Spread the tomato paste on the sauce.
9. Cover the tray (with a lid or some aluminium foil) and leave it in the oven for about 30 minutes.