1. Heat up water for the buckwheat. You’ll need 1.5 dl of water for 1 dl of buckwheat groats.
2. Once the water is boiling, add a bit of oil and buckwheat groats. Cook for 3 minutes, then remove from the stove and leave covered for 30 minutes, so that the groats drink up all the water. After 30 minutes mix the groats with the remaining water – there shouldn’t be too much water left anyway.
3. Cut carrots and tomatoes into smaller pieces.
4. Heat up some oil in a wok. Add the carrots, mix them up with spices.
5. Gently stir the carrots from time to time so that they don’t stick to the wok and get burned.
6. Once the carrots caramelise add the the cooked buckwheat groats and mix everything up. Roast the mix for a minute or two.
7. Add cut tomatoes and mix everything up. Stir for a minute. Tomatoes should only warm up and soften a bit. By mixing the ingredients we prevent the groats from getting stuck to the woks bottom.
Put the dish on plates. You can add Parmesan cheese.