Solyanka – traditional Russian meal. Each family has its own recipe and you can use fantasy and add to this recipe potatoes, tomatoes, onion, spices you like, etc. It’s easy to cook, delicious and healthy.
- 1/2 of a cabbage (or 1 small one)
- 2 carrots
- 3-4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Cut cabbage into thin stripes (the thinner you cut, the faster it will be cooked), and put it into frying pan with oil and salt. Fry cabbage for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Grate carrots.
- Add carrots, tomato paste and 1/2 half a glass of warm water into pan with cabbage. Close the pan with cover and leave it for 40-45 minutes, stir it from time to time.
- Add your favourite spices and leave for 10 minutes more.
Serve with white bread.
Author: Diana Podgurskaia