The colour of the day is pink! Pick up the beetroot from the basement. Blow the dust of the coconut milk can from the top shelf. If you happen to have some green beans from your granny’s garden left in the freezer, now is the time to get them. Don’t forget the bulgur. To save time, precook the beans and beetroot at home.
Ingredients (5 persons):
– 400 g bulgur
– 500 g beetroot, pre-cooked
– 400 g green beans, pre-cooked
– 200-300 ml of coconut milk
– olive oil
- Boil water for the bulgur (you need to cook the bulgur in a 1:2 ratio). Cook the bulgur for 10-15 minutes. After it’s done, let it rest covered for additional 5 minutes.
- Cut the beetroot in smaller pieces. Put these in a bowl and blend them with a mixer.
- Add half of the coconut milk to the puree and blend some more. You’ll get a nice runny pink mix. Add the rest of the coconut milk and mix well using a spoon.
- Heat the olive oil in the pan and add the beans. Roast them for approximately 5 minutes. Stir regularly and add spices.
- Once the beans are done, add bulgur to them and mix well. The bulgur should roast just a bit, let’s say a minute or two, and get crusty.
- Add the beetroot sauce and mix well. Cook for about 5 minutes on moderate fire. Stir regularly to avoid burning.
Put the dish on plates and feel free to add fresh spices.